Monday, November 4, 2013

Day 4 - At work with the smoothie

Hello world,

I hope you all are having a wonderful Monday. It's a great day outside here in the Midwest, perfect day for smoothie number four!

I know I'm only four days in to this challenge but I'm feeling pretty good. What seems to make this so doable is the fact that you get your shopping lists in 5 day intervals and you get a new recipe emailed to you every night. So there is no guess work in what to put in your smoothie.  I know many people like to go with the flow and create their own concoctions and I think that's great! I on the other hand like having a map to follow...instructions to read...a plan in place.

With that said, you can see today's smoothie below, it didn't yield as much as the others but it was enough to get me through my morning. I paired it with a boiled egg and so far I'm not feeling hungry.

Well, have a great day...stay healthy.


Smoothie of the Day
 
Day 4: Deep Blue Green Smoothie
1 frozen banana
½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
2 leaves kale, stems removed
1-inch piece ginger root
1 tbsp of hemp or chia seeds
1-2 cups coconut water or water

Health Benefits:
Did you know that kale has more iron ounce for ounce than ground beef?  Thats right!  When you combine it with a rich source of Vitamin C like you find in our antioxidant rich blueberries you enable your body to absorb up to 30% more of that iron.  Pretty cool, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment