Sunday, November 3, 2013

Day 3 - Pretty Green Smoothie

Hello fellow bloggers and smoothie makers,

Day three's smoothie is very pretty. It's a wonderful vibrant yet soft green color. I used a little more pineapple and a little less cilantro (you can still taste the cilantro though) than the recipe called for but hey, I did use all the ingredients so that's all that counts...right?

What I am going to try to do during the week is use my smoothie as my breakfast, maybe with a boiled egg or something like that. The smoothie is very sustaining without it filling you up.

I'll check in tomorrow folks...I have all my Sunday cooking to do so I have to skedaddle out of here.

Stay healthy!



www.youngandraw.com

Smoothie of the Day

Day 3: Cilantro Detox Smoothie½ cup fresh or frozen pineapple (no cans)
2 celery ribs
1 cup green leaf lettuce
⅓ bunch fresh cilantro (also known as coriander leaf)
1-inch piece of ginger root (or size to your liking)
1-2 cups of coconut water or water (start with less)

Health Benefits
Cilantro is a heavy metal chelator, meaning it will help to pull heavy metals out of your body. The pineapple will aid digestion and help you to eliminate any toxins that may be stirred up by the other detoxifying ingredients in the smoothie.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quest to live a healthier, happier, and more fulfilled life. I'll try to keep up with you. I have a NutriBullet, also. I stopped using it for a while but I've started up again.

    For the last two days my smoothies consisted of spinach, celery, tomatoes, carrots, and nuts. I also squeezed juice of one lime into the mix. Then I added a small splash of hot sauce, a pinch of Sea Salt and a pinch of cracked black pepper. It was quite tasty and just a tiny bit spicy, but not too much.

    Three days ago I used berries: blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries. I added celery and nuts, also.

    Your smoothies look really delicious, especially today's mixture. Very bright and inviting!

    Keep going! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comments Tailor and thank you for stopping by! Be sure to check back from time to time as I take on new challenges each month.

      Delete