Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day 2 of green smoothie challenge

Good day all,

It appears as though I've had a few visitors and I say...welcome! And thank you for visiting my blog.

Yesterday I didn't get a chance to make my smoothie until I got home from work so I had it along with my dinner...Subway (eat fresh people!)  I must say it was pretty tasty; the smoothie, not the Subway :-)  I am not completely new to these fruit and veggie smoothies, like I said yesterday, I do have the Nutribullet which I love.  It has just been a while since I've used it...hence my first 30 day challenge.  Each month as I take on a new challenge,  I will try to keep a little piece of the previous months' challenge thereby making my life much more healthy, fulfilled and happy.      



Ok, on to day 2. This smoothie is call a skin booster which is great because I have major skin issues.  I am a 15 year sufferer of a severe case of psoriasis. I've tried everything, medically speaking, to "cure" this disease but there is no cure for psoriasis. That's another reason that I really want to make this green smoothie thing a regular part of my diet. Perhaps clean living is the way to my skin being healthy...but more about psoriasis in a future blog.

The smoothie: What I am noticing is that I don't really like the taste of the parsley in the smoothie, I could be using too much. In either case, I've never used herbs in my smoothies so this is something new to get use to.  But overall, it's good.

Remember to see more information about this challenge...go to www.youngandraw.com.

Have a great day everyone...28 more days to go. I can do this!!

Here is the smoothie of the day:

Smoothie of the Day
 Day 2: Skin Booster smoothie
½ field cucumber
1 fresh or frozen banana
½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup spinach
½ bunch parsley
1-inch piece ginger root
1 tbsp hemp or chia seeds
1-2 cups coconut  water or water

Health Benefits:
Cucumber, blueberries and spinach all contain antioxidants that help to fight free radicals which can lead to skin damage.  The silica in the cucumber will also help to keep your skin clear and well nourished. This smoothie is also hydrating which is very important for skin health.




No comments:

Post a Comment